Past Episodes

In this Episode 40 of MyDenmarkTV.com we talk about Blaagardsgade and Blaagardsplads in Nørrebro, high schools in Denmark, provide some car tips and share about an interesting exhibition put together by the National Gallery of Denmark. Enjoy the episode!

Websites and resources shared in this Episode are as follows:
www.kobenhavnsdelebiler.dk (Car sharing program)
www.delebil.dk (Car sharing program)
www.bilbasen.dk (Buy and sell cars)
wikipedia.org (Info about Nikolaj Grundtvig)
www.hojskolerne.dk (All about high schools in Denmark)
www.smk.dk (Nature Strikes Back Exhibition)

Danish words mentioned in the Episode:
Højskole - High Schools (but not typical high schools)

Other Useful Resources:
Bookatable.com (A restaurant booking site - free and instantly confirmed)
CopenhagenClicks.com (An ever-growing collection of web resources to make your stay more fun and enjoyable)
Consult with MyDenmarkTV team (Via telephone, to help you make your stay in Denmark more enjoyable)
MyDenmarkTV.com Copenhagen Tours (Book a guided tour by water or by bicycle and explore the best of the sights and sounds of Copenhagen)

1. Episode # 18 – Olympics 2016 Finalists, Student Jobs, Multicultural Shopping, SU, Movies, Danish Film Institute

Comments

11 Responses to “Episode # 40 – Oscar Nominated Danish Film, Cars, Blågardsgade in Nørrebro, Højeskole and Exhibition”

1. Toi says:

Hey Good episode about Nørrebro.
    And the bloopers and the end also very funny :)

2. Chris says:

These short episodes are sweet — just like the country and people of Denmark. In a way, the episode tear at my heart – I worked as an engineer in Denmark (for a big German company) early in my career. In many ways, it was the best time of my life. Although life is good for me here in the USA, people here are rude, nasty, and negative – generally the opposite of Danes. Lastly, the women there are absolutely gorgeous!!

3. TimAnderson says:

Toi – Well, I promised when I joined I’d try to keep my co-hosts off-guard…beware! ;-)

Chris – I understand how you feel completely…and let me tell you, if there is one thing above all that would tear my heart in your situation it would be the last point you made! (of course, the others are very true as well…) :-)

4. Julie says:

I’m glad to know that you guys like this episode :-) personally it was so cold when we filmed the episode so I was freezing so much and hardly could speak properly :-) . But the good thing is that we also tried out the food at one of the local cafés in Nørrebro and it was GOOD :-)

5. surrai surrai ReemK says:

Very informative episode, I enjoyed watching the snow falling while Tim was talking in the street,, was that snow or rain??? I wonder why cars are so expensive as Tim said, anyway with bicycles all around and good transportation who needs a car. I loved that segment about the high schools that give courses with no exams and certificates,, but I didn’t catch the age of the students 18-24 only???
    Looking forward to the next episode , well done keep the good work

6. Jacob R says:

Hi Surrai

Cars are taxed with a Vehicle Registration Tax which is quite high. Actually only Singapore has higher taxes. Then you also need an insurance and the fuel is also expensive. You also have to pay some yearly taxes based on how much it pollutes. The vehicle registration tax is what does the car so expensive in Denmark. Especially on the more expensive cars the tax is _very_ high.

The state get _a lot_ of revenues from the car taxes . If I remember correct I think it can pay for all our hospitals ( which are free )

Then you might ask why the taxes are so high. Well, I think the state saw an opportunity to get some more money. They need a lot of money… There are some talks to change the system how the money is collected. Some want to tax the kilometers the cars drive ( especially in the cities ) and not the purchase of the car. By the way: electric cars are exempt from Vehicle Registration Tax

The Folk High School is for every age. My mother was on a school as a sixty year old on Samsø ( island ) to learn to paint… There are also many that go there before university to get a little break fro all the studying and meet some nice people. There are many different kind of schools. Check put this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_high_school and http://www.hojskoler.dk/the-danish-folk-high-school

7. Jun says:

As what I have understood why electric cars are exempted from Vehicle Registration Tax in Denmark. The state is very particular to its environment. We already know that the government is doing its best to promote clean energy. It is a kind of encouraging the people to shift into environment friendly vehicle. Of course, bicycle is one of the best options.

Some other countries, charge higher taxes when your car is getting older. Why? Because as your car is getting older, its carbon emission gets higher also. It is practical for them to buy new car after of at least two years with their car. They sell it back to their government for recycle.

And yes, their is no question about higher taxes when we can have the benefits almost of the basic welfare. Such as free hospitals and a lot more.

8. Villads says:

Hi,

I’m with Københavns Delebiler (Copenhagen Carsharing) mentioned in the episode.
    Thank you for referring to our website, though you got it slightly wrong – the correct URL is http://www.kobenhavnsdelebiler.dk

Regards,

Villads Hansen
    Københavns Delebiler
    Blegdamsvej 4B
    DK-2200 København N
    Phone: (+45) 35 35 14 11

9. fb_avatar VladimirChen says:

Hi Villads, thanks for writing and we are happy you were glad to know that. I just checked the link and it appears to be correct. Which one are you referring to?
    Vladimir

10. Villads says:

Hi Vladimir,

It’s the one at the top of this page. It’s working fine now, thank you again.

Villads

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Episode # 40 – Oscar Nominated Danish Film, Cars, Blågardsgade in … [...]