Past Episodes

In Episode # 15 we cover the recycling culture of Denmark including the can collectors, returning bottles. Liyuan takes us to the Danish Immigration Office in Copenhagen and talks about the permanent residence permit (or in Danish it is "Tidsubegrænset opholdtilladelse"). For the fun part we offer you to explore the Danish island of Bornholm. And last but not least, we answer yet another question concerning English running/cycling clubs in Denmark.

Websites and resources shared in this Episode are as follows:
www.retshjaelpen.dk (Retshjaelpen)
www.usg.dk (University Student Gymnastic)
www.cybercycling.dk (CyberCycling)
www.cyclingworld.dk (CyclingWorld)

Danish words mentioned in the Episode:
Sygesikringsbevis - Health Insurance card
Udlændingeservice- Danish Immigration Authorities

Other Useful Resources:
Bookatable.com (A restaurant booking site - free and instantly confirmed)
CopenhagenClicks.com (An ever-growing collection of web resources to make your stay more fun and enjoyable)
Consult with MyDenmarkTV team (Via telephone, to help you make your stay in Denmark more enjoyable)
MyDenmarkTV.com Copenhagen Tours (Book a guided tour by water or by bicycle and explore the best of the sights and sounds of Copenhagen)

1. Episode # 1 – Danish Weather, Bicycles, Visa, Residence Permit, Work permit, Jobs in Denmark, Must-see Places in Copenhagen.

Comments

9 Responses to “Episode # 15 – Bottle Collectors, Return Cans, Recycling Culture, Permanent Residence Permit, Bornholm, English Clubs”

1. mathea says:

I really love the episodes of MyDenmarkTV. Keep up the great work! The recycling sounds a lot like where we live in Maine (US). Although not as many people participate as they should, it is improving. Thank you for the entertainment.

2. kirstenpauli says:

just love your episodes and your lovely host..
    thank you.

3. Jacob says:

The most used way to go to Bornholm is to go to Sweden and take the ferry from Ystad to Rønne. There are also buses and trains from Copenhagen that go to Ystad if you don’t want to go by car. Bornholm is a great place to go on holiday, highly recommended.

Remember to put your recyclable bottles with the button down i the reverse vending machines

And don’t give your bottles away to the strange people looking for empty bottles. Many of them are on drugs, alcohol or have other issues. If they are friendly then it’s ok. But I personally hate them lurking in places where it’s popular to get a beer with your friends. As soon as your empty your bottle someone will come and ask if they can take it.. irritating if you ask me . I just want to have fun and not be irritated by those strangers… The good thing that they will always have a bottle opener and will gladly help you to get your beer opened. But then remember to give back the emty bottle as a thank you :-)

4. necel says:

I always enjoy watching your episodes. Its been a routine for me every wednesday. I am looking forward to go back to Denamrk soon. Thank you for the important information concerning the resident permit :)

5. Emily says:

As usual, very informative and entertaining. Thanks for introducing the island of Bornholm which otherwise I do not know about. Also, now I know why people in Denmark keep looking into rubbish bins – to make some money out of bottles/cans! : )

Looking forward to next week’s episode, many thanks, keep up the lovely work.

6. fb_avatar VladimirChen says:

Thanks to all for the kind comments!

Jacob, thanks for sharing the tips on how to get to Bornholm and putting the bottle with bottom down. Although I always do that, but hey it worked.

As per giving away bottles, you are right some of them can be on drugs, and some of them are not. I guess it also depends on how the person approaches/asks you to give him/her a bottle. Personally, I don’t mind giving my can/bottle away to those in need. But we are all different representing different degrees of patience ;) My mom would not probably stand it either.

7. Sisi says:

You can get to bornholm by train to sweden and ferry to Bornholm as well. That takes around 3 hours. Very good. You can check your schedule in “www.dsb.dk”.

8. YAGURL says:

heeey, whats going on girl.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] I know we’ve shared this with you in Episode 15 some of the general rules and requirements for getting a permanent residence permit, but let me [...]