Past Episodes

This is a special edition of MyDenmarkTV (Episode #35), where we talk only about the Danish design, we go out and interview the Head of the Glass and Ceramic Department at the Danish Design School and the Online Brand Manager at Normann Copenhagen. We also visit Illums Bolighus to check out their latest goodies. Enjoy the episode everybody!

Websites and resources shared in this Episode are as follows:
www.normann-copenhagen.com (Normann Copenhagen)
www.dkds.dk (The Danish Design School)
www.illumsbolighus.dk (Illums Bolighus)
www.royalcopenhagen.dk (Royal Copenhagen)
www.georgjensen.com (Georg Jensen)

Danish words mentioned in the Episode:
Not many

Other Useful Resources:
Bookatable.com (A restaurant booking site - free and instantly confirmed)
CopenhagenClicks.com (An ever-growing collection of web resources to make your stay more fun and enjoyable)
Consult with MyDenmarkTV team (Via telephone, to help you make your stay in Denmark more enjoyable)
MyDenmarkTV.com Copenhagen Tours (Book a guided tour by water or by bicycle and explore the best of the sights and sounds of Copenhagen)

1. Episode # 14 – Cop15, Danish Newspapers, Home Design, Freedom of Danish Universities and Skagen

Comments

10 Responses to “Episode #35 – Special Danish Design Edition. Retailer’s And Educational Perspectives”

1. poiliss says:

Hi,, I’m new in denmark right now. Your tv get me to know more about denmark. Thank you very much … I love Mydenmarktv … ^-^

2. Jacob R. says:

My sister works for Erik Jørgensen a small company that makes very nice furniture. ( I have tested it :-) They have a showroom together with some other well known design businesses brands in Copenhagen. If you want to check it out, google: Pakhus 48 and you will find it.

3. fb_avatar VladimirChen says:

Jacob, looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps, something to contact for the future episodes, or even perhaps through your sis :)

Vladimir

4. Emily says:

Yes, Julie, you’re getting hot! So is myDenmarktv! What an interesting episode. Perhaps you could bring this topic back in the future? I’ve heard a lot about Danish designs but haven’t really looked into it and only rely on myDenmarktv for Danish news! :-)

What about Danish fashion and local designers, is that something you can do in the future? Showcase well-known Danish designers for clothes, shoes, handbags, etc. When I visit Denmark during Easter, I’ll definitely have lots to do and see and learn!

5. JulieTran says:

Hi Emily. Thanks for your comment :-) I’m very glad to know that you like this episode.

Yes, we will do an episode about Danish fashion designers- it’s already in our plan :-) . We will also cover more about this topic from other perspectives in the future so definitely more to come :-)

Hope we will get wonderful weather for you to enjoy during Easter :-)

Julie

6. Mary says:

What a great episode! I love Danish design. Are you thinking about doing an episode on the Danish Design festival that happens in Copenhagen in the spring? I think that would be an exciting event to cover. Jan and I plan on sharing this episode with a few people here in U.S. that we know work for design companies.

Thanks for doing what you do!

Take care! -Mary

7. JulieTran says:

Hi Mary. Thanks for your comment, glad you like it :-)

Concerning the Design festival, I guess you meant the event “Copenhagen Architecture and Design Days” that will take place from 6-9 May in Copenhagen. We will definitely cover it; if not in a special edition then it will be in one of our regular episodes :-)

Cheers,
    Julie

8. Nghia Nguyen says:

I fell in love with Danish design upon visiting Denmark. Thanks for covering this topic. I would love to see more exploration of different pieces and hear stories behind their innovation and creation. Nice job, as usual, MyDenmarkTV Team. Following the principles of Danish design, your program is simple and elegant!

9. surrai surrai ReemK says:

I enjoyed watching the episode about the Danish design, I loved most strange kitchen gadgets while visiting the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, I bought a lemon squeezer and it becomes the talk of the town, its so cute and practical. I wish to see a special episode about kitchen gadgets and another episode about the Louisiana Museum.
    So what about the baby I guess by the time episode 36 or 37 on he/she will be due..I have lots of nephews and nieces, I enjoy playing with them when they are clean and not crying .
    Looking forward to watching next episode.

10. Tom Kasemets says:

I just saw the episode on Danish design. I want to furnish my new house in that style. I live in Australia.. is there any places here or is there a good website or book you can suggest!